Home » News » News Releases » 2015 » Hoover High School Selected as One of the Celebrate My Drive® 100 Finalists! » Hoover High School's March to State Ends, Concert Band Begins
Hoover High School's March to State Ends, Concert Band Begins
NORTH CANTON, OH (November 23, 2015)
Under the leadership of directors Mr. Ron Varn, Mrs. Ellen Varn, Mr. Tom Lewis, and Mr. Bruce Nist, the Hoover High School Marching Band worked hard to pull together a successful season that culminated in their qualifying for States at every competition. The band was also named Grand Champion at the competition in Louisville on September 19th.
At States in Columbus on October 31 and November 1, the band received an excellent rating, and the drumline and flagline individually received superior ratings.
“We’ve done a great job this season,” said Junior Caitlin Hunt, a percussionist in the band. “All of our hard work is finally paying off.”
Director Ron Varn was also pleased with the success of his students this year.
“I am extremely proud that the band has shown great professionalism in their performance,” Varn said. ¨We have much to proud of and to build upon as we look forward to our next season.¨
2015-16 Upcoming Hoover High School Concert Band Performance Dates (at Hoover Hall):
- January 27th at 7:00 p.m. (Symphonic and Concert)
- January 28th at 7:00 p.m. (Jazz)
- March 2nd at 7:00 p.m. (All District Strings)
- March 4th at 7:00 p.m. (District and Large Group)
- March 14th at 7:00 p.m. (Bands-In-the-Round)
- April 15th at 5:00 p.m. (Jazz Invitational Festival)
- April 27th at 7:00 p.m. (Symphonic and Concert)
- April 28th at 7:00 p.m. (Jazz)
For additional information, contact:
Mr. Ronald C. Varn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Instrumental Music Department Chair
Hoover High School