This is a reminder that all medication must be picked up by a parent by Friday, May 28, 2021. Students are not permitted to transport medication to or from school. No medication will be stored at school for the next school year. Parents may call the school nurse to schedule a pick up time. Any medication not claimed by parents by May 28th will be discarded.
Planning ahead.... 2021-22 School Year and MEDICATIONS
· ALL medication must be brought to school by the parent in the original manufacturer’s packaging (over-the-counter meds) or in the container in which it was dispensed by the physician or pharmacist prescription bottle.
· Parents must provide a physician-signed Prescription Medication Administered at School form in order for prescription medication to be administered at school.
· Parents must provide a physician-signed Prescription Medication Administered at School form or a physician-signed School Asthma Action Plan for any student who will use an asthma inhaler at school or for after school activities. Students must have physician consent to carry inhaler and self-medicate.
· Parents must provide a physician-signed Prescription Medication Administered at School form or a physician-signed Allergy Action Plan for any student who will carry an epi-pen at school or for after school activities.
· Parents must provide a parent-signed Non-Prescription Medication Administered at School form in order for NON-prescription medication of any kind to be administered. This includes cough drops and essential oils.
· All medication, both prescribed and over-the-counter, will be stored and secured in locked storage and distributed only by authorized school personnel.
Schedule your annual physician/nurse practitioner visits now for a summer appointment. All incoming 12th grade students are required to have proof of receiving the Meningococcal (A, C, Y, W-135) Vaccine BEFORE school starts. If your child has not received this immunization, please contact your doctor. Ask your provider about other recommended vaccine updates for adolescents, especially those which are needed prior to college entry. Please keep a copy of your child’s immunization record and turn it into school in before August 20, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding medication at school or vaccines, please contact Brenda Ramey BSN, RN, LSN, Hoover HS Nurse at the 330-497-5620, ext. 1194 or email [email protected]
Have a safe and happy summer!