PaySchools Central Online Payment
Our Point of Sale system is set-up to take credit/debit cards and electronic checks via PaySchools Central found at https://payschoolscentral.com and can be quickly accessed by clicking on the PaySchools Central button on the right. They also have a free mobile App called "Pay Schools Mobile" found on Google Play or iTunes. An account needs to be set-up for your child(ren) using their student ID number. This system will allow you to view the purchases your child(ren) has/have made as well as allow you to add money to their account. The system can also send email reminders of your child’s account balance and schedule automatic payments if you wish. You do not have to pay online to view your child’s account. For help and more information, view the PaySchools Central tutorial on the right. You can also receive help at the Pay Schools Central hotline 1-877-393-6628.
Point of Sale Software
Food services operates under a Point of Sale (POS) system, which means EVERY student must type in their student ID number (PIN) in order to purchase any items. For incoming kindergarteners and first graders, a PIN will be given to them at orientation with a copy of the PIN pad for practicing their number entry. Under POS, each student has an account and the correct amount is removed (debited) from the account when the child purchases an item. Parents are encouraged to send money in the form of checks to be placed on student accounts or to use our online payment system, PaySchools Central. Please do not combine checks for lunches and student fees. Please place the child’s name or PIN number in the memo portion of the check. All money left on the account at the end of the school year, stays with the student and will transfer to the next grade. Refunds are only granted at the request of the parent if a student withdraws from the school district, or graduates.
Meal charge / Alternative Meal Procedure - When Students Cannot Pay for Meals
The goal of North Canton City Schools Food and Nutrition Department is first and foremost to provide healthy and nutritious meals to our students so they can better function and learn at school. When lunch money is forgotten, we have established the following procedures to:
- Treat all students with dignity and respect;
- Encourage parents to assume the responsibility of meal payments and to promote self-responsibility of the students;
- Establish consistent department procedures regarding charges.
Meal Charge / Alternative Meal Procedure
1. When a student has a negative balance in his/her meal account, we will automatically send an email/phonecall reminder to the parent / guardian.
2. A maximum of $15.00 negative meal charges will be allowed, unless a parent / guardian has specifically provided written permission to withhold a meal.
3. If a student had reached the $15.00 threshold of negative meal charges, and still does not have money on their account or cash in hand to purchase a meal, we will offer the student an Alternative Meal at the elementary schools. This meal will be a Chef Salad Lunch, Yogurt Lunch or SunButter and Jelly Sandwich Lunch which we offer daily to all students with or without money, so as to avoid embarrassment for the student.
4. Parents will be notified via an email, phone call and/or letter home that an Alternative Meal has been given, and that payment of all meal charges must be made. If after two Alternative Meals and attempts by the Food and Nutrition Department to reach parents are unsuccessful, then the school's councelors, principals or others will contact the parent / guardian to offer assistance with a meal application, determine if there are other issues within the household that have caused the child to have insufficient funds to purchase meal and offer any other assistance that is appropriate.
Meal Applications for Free or Reduced Meals are available on our website and paper copies can be requested at any time of the year simply by calling 330-497-5600. All information is kept confidential and at not time does the Food and Nutrition Department give our meal status information unless a parent requests that we do so, like to have school fees waived.