The North Canton City Schools Education Enhancement Fund was designed to bring attention to those educators who make significant contributions to the excellence of North Canton City Schools. Their innovative ideas advance our students' education, but these ideas often require financial support to see them fully implemented.
Statement of Purpose: The purpose of the North Canton City Schools Education Enhancement Fund is to promote, sponsor, and encourage the pursuit of excellence for all students attending the public schools in the district. We recognize that additional monies beyond the local, state and federal funds are continuously needed for the development of exemplary and creative programs. We further recognize that many educators have innovative ideas which need financial support to make them operational in the schools for the direct benefit of students. The North Canton community has high expectations for its schools; thus we look toward meeting these needs in part through innovative programs made possible by the NCCS Education Enhancement Fund.
Any North Canton City Schools employee or student is encouraged to submit an Enhancement Fund grant request form. Information that you include on the form will provide the Board with the data it needs to make a judgment regarding the possible funding of your project. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
Each year the nomination form and process changes slightly based on current grant and fund guidelines.
Examples of previous grant-winning projects include:
- Studio 525
- North Canton Middle School Store
- Click It, Learn It
- AGAPE Girls
- Project MOSAIC
- North Canton: A Green Community Today & Tomorrow
- North Canton Middle School Robotics Academy
- From College to HS: Implementing Physics Labs
- The ABC’s of North Canton Book
Points to consider:
- Grants are awarded anonymously but on a competitive basis – "on-going" projects will be rated higher than a one-time, single-session project.
- The maximum allocation per project request varies, but has typically been in the $1,000 range.
- Names and identifying information will be deleted before copies are given to the Endowment Board for review purposes.
The Education Enhancement Fund Board will review each grant request using the following criteria:
- Is the statement of the proposed project clear?
- Does the project have promise of benefiting students in the school where it is being conducted or North Canton City Schools as a whole?
- Will the project be a one-time program or an “on-going” program?
- Are the objectives clearly stated? Are they realistic?
- Are the procedures to be followed clearly described? Are the methods, needed materials, resource personnel, tentative schedule, and completion date specified?
- Are the plans for evaluating the project suited to the nature of the project?
- Is the budget request reasonable and sufficiently detailed?
- Is this a new, innovative project for the North Canton City Schools?