North Canton City School District is a comprehensive K-12 public school district in Stark County. We are located in the city of North Canton, serving over 4200 students. We have a tradition of excellence, both in and out of the classroom.
At North Canton City Schools, we pride ourselves on our academic program, as well as the opportunities we provide students to help them grow. Our mission is to “inspire students; impact our community; change the world,” and we realize that academic success is the key to reaching these goals. To meet our vision of "being recognized as a trusted, leading organization for learning, " we must work diligently every day to assure the student success that will make this recognition a reality.
Mary L. Evans Early Childhood Center
North Canton Middle School
Hoover High School
Our district tax base (approximately 80% residential and 20% commercial properties), with a total valuation of nearly $695 million, provides the majority of the local revenue that equates to 54.0% of the North Canton City Schools’ general operating budget. In addition to local revenue, we receive state and federal funding that represent 42.2% and 3.8%, respectively of our general operating budget.
- Graduation rate of 96% with 88% of students seeking higher education
- Seventeen Advanced Placement courses
- Collaborative partner with Jackson and Perry Districts to provide an International Baccalaureate Program
- Collaborative partner with Jackson, Lake and Plain to provide Career and Technical course offerings
- Partner with Canton City, Plain Local, Jackson Local and Lake Local in the Passages High School for alternative education
- College Credit Plus which allows HHS students to take college-level courses at HHS or a local college/university and simultaneously earn high school and college credit while still in high school
- Forty-one extracurricular and co-curricular clubs at HHS and 17 at NCMS
- Sixth-graders are offered an outdoor learning/camping experience at Camp Muskingum
- Seventh-graders have the opportunity to spend a day at the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Eighth-graders are offered the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C.
Visit us at www.northcantonschools.org, on Facebook as North Canton City Schools and on Twitter @ NCCSVikings.
- 25 Varsity Sports and Cheerleading
- Federal League All-Sports Trophy nine times since 2001
- State Softball Champs four years in a row (2011-2014)
- Federal League Champions in Boys Golf two of the last three years
- 2014 State Runner-up in Girls Basketball
- Federal League Boys Swimming Champs eleven times since 2000
- Federal League Girls Swimming Champs four of the last seven years
- State Final Four in Girls Tennis two of the last three years