- Works with all students
- Helps students develop socially, emotionally and academically
- Connects with students through individual counseling, small group counseling and classroom guidance lessons
- Promotes individual differences among students
- Works in collaboration and consultation with parents, teachers and administrators
- Provides families with support and assistance as needed
Students and parents are ensured confidentiality. That is, all conversations will stay between the student and I. Exceptions to this confidentiality include: a student is in danger of harming himself/herself, a student is in danger of harming someone else, a student reports abuse or neglect, or when a judge orders disclosure of information.