WHO WE ARE
The Hoover Academic Booster Club (HABC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1992. We are solely funded by parents and educators in partnership with local businesses, civic groups, and the community. Our mission is to:
- PROMOTE academics;
- ENCOURAGE each student
to strive for his or her personal best;
- RECOGNIZE Hoover High School students’ achievements, leadership skills and citizenship.
JOIN US - MEETINGS
you are looking for a way to get involved at the high school, we would love to
have you join us.
- WHEN: Meetings are typically the 2nd Thursday of each month. An optional paid lunch/parent Q&A is offered from 11:30 a.m. to noon with our general meeting following from noon to 1:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Sign in at the Hoover High Main Entrance (ID required). Meetings are located in room K2 across from the Tri-Star Café. Lunch is prepared by the Culinary Arts students and can be purchased for $7 by reservation. Visit us here to join.
- WHAT: In addition to HABC happenings, monthly updates will be given from Mr. Bornstine and/or the Guidance Department. We are often joined by guest speakers of Hoover High School and the District Office staff who update us on what is happening behind the scenes at Hoover.
(subject to weather and school calendar)
- Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
CHECK US OUT
For more information on what is happening with HABC:
- Visit this website periodically for updates
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter/meeting reminder here
- Contact us at HooverAcademicBC@gmail.com